Our sensory room is specifically designed to stimulate and assist in the development of young children, babies, Adults and the Elderly with additional needs.
Come and enlighten your senses around our tactile board with twinkling fibre optic lights. Melt into a flurry of bubbles whilst relaxing on our cushioned beanie surround at our colour changing, vibrating bubble tube and infinity tunnel. For the more agile, we have a ball pool with which is designed to enhance motor skills.
Relax and enjoy our slide show on the projector and relax on a beanie and wrap yourself up in fibre optic lights. For the adventurous type we have a vibrating shudder bar which will make you giggle but it is highly stimulating to our proprioceptive senses.
- Children, adults and the elderly can achieve a sense of ‘cause and effect’ by using switches attached to lights and toys.
- The Sensory room provides an interactive experience between adults and children, children and other children and adults and the elderly. Activities can be used to promote turn-taking and communication.
- The Sensory room is designed to be a calming environment in which children, adults and the elderly feel comfortable and therefore ready to learn.
- The Sensory room experience can be used to add extra meaning to a story, rhymes and songs.
- The Sensory equipment provides stimulation for those who are exploring the world around them via their senses.
- The calming environment is a place for parents and carers to bond with their children and the person they are caring for.
- Relaxation is good for everyone’s emotional health; it gives them a chance to explore their feelings in a safe environment.
Please contact Jo to arrange a FREE induction session.
Following you induction you can book the Sensory Room for a cost of anything from a half hour session to an hour session.
Available slots from 9.00am–5.00pm, Monday–Saturday.